BELMOND KHWAI RIVER LODGE
Sink into time-honoured indulgence as you overlook the vibrant floodplains and dramatic big game of the Moremi Wildlife Reserve.
Moremi Wildlife Reserve
Moremi Reserve is situated at the heart of the Okavango Delta and was the first wildlife area to be set aside by tribal people rather than colonial powers.
Although the only statutorily protected part of the Okavango Delta, it is surrounded by a carefully controlled buffer zone. This allows free movement of animals according to seasonal migration. Extending north and east to join Chobe National Park, it is a wildlife haven that stretches all the way to Kasane.
Belmond Khwai River Lodge is home to luxury tents seated on raised wooden platforms with traditional African thatch roof. Private decks with easy chairs and hammocks provide panoramic views.
Inside you’ll find a netted four-poster bed, an elegant bathroom, a stocked mini bar and discreet air conditioning.
Tucked away from the main tent, our private suite offers a more secluded, romantic experience. The large deck includes a heated splash pool with full views of the reserve. An open-air bathroom, complete with double showers and copper-framed Victorian bath, brings you closer to nature.
- Al fresco dining with views of the reserve
- Gym and spa facilities; treatments can be arranged on your own private deck
- 20m swimming pool
- High-powered telescope
- Internet access and satellite TV away from the main lounge
- Same day laundry service
- Traditional Boma for dinners and local performances
- Curio shop with safari wear, local art and crafts
- Small reference library
- 24 hour emergency facilities and communications
- Private airstrip
Plan Your Safari
- Most Recent Traveller Reviews
- 8 Aug 2014: “A total waste of time and money”
- 3 Aug 2014: “Great spot but not five star quality”
- 2 Aug 2014: “Elephants, Hyaenas and more”
- 2 Aug 2014: “near paradise in the bush”
- 25 Jul 2014: “Didn’t want to leave”