The Chatwal, New York City
The Chatwal Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City is the first 5* Hotel in Manhattan’s Theatre District.
Beautifully restored and modernized by master architect Thierry Despont to a jewel-like quality, The Chatwal’s guest rooms explore every modern luxury imaginable in a setting reminiscent of the deco period in this landmark Stanford White building. Set on the “Great White Way”, The Chatwall benefits from a location steps from the drama of the Broadway theaters and the media and financial giants of the city, all the while offering a quiet respite of a more genteel era.
76 guestrooms and suites offer a fresh perspective on the luxury hotel experience. This exacting example of deco modernism sets the stage for your stay. Every inch of the sleeping quarters was customized by Master Architect and Designer Thierry Despont. Mr. Despont drew inspiration from the famous Malletier of the period, elevating the classic travel trunk to objet d’art. Flourishes of angular nickel trim accent glimmering jewel-toned glass. The highest quality bath products available revive while the finest linens invite a perfect night’s sleep. Guest room features include:
- Private Butler service as standard
- 24 hour room service by Geoffrey Zakarian
- Complimentary choice of newspaper
- 400-thread count Frette linens
- Down duvets and pillows
- Hypo-allergenic pillows on request
- Exclusive Asprey toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Ultra plush terry robes
- Private bar
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- Data line capability
- iPod Docking Station
- In-room safe that can accommodate a laptop
- 42-inch flat screen television with DVD and on demand video
- Wired or wireless Internet access on a complimentary basis
- Fax machine on request
- Multi-line cordless telephone with voicemail
- Private Outdoor furnished and landscaped terraces at an additional fee
The hotel’s common spaces seem to be taken from the pages of Van Alen, Hood and Roth during the rise of New York’s Empire Deco period. The days of the smart cocktail are revisited in The Bar at The Lambs Club, just off of the lobby as a preamble to the culinary tour de force that is The Lambs Club. Chef Geoffrey Zakarian brings a return to glamour with a nod to comfort in a private, club-like setting with this spectacular 90 seat restaurant serving modern, New York cuisine with seasonal ingredients. A 2,500 square foot mezzanine lounge with 20 foot viewing windows allows a birds eye perspective on 44th Street and the lobby below serves handcrafted, prohibition era cocktails and light bites.
Beyond the almost unlimited attractions of the world outside its doors, The Chatwal offers its own distractions indoors. The fitness lounge offers facilities to suit the fancy of even the most health conscious, replete with private audio-visual components and personal training.
Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden at The Chatwal features three treatment rooms; three private changing suites with steam showers and choice of aromatherapy; an Infinity Saltwater lounge with a Jacuzzi and lap pool designed to simulate natural water currents; a relaxation lounge with an assortment of resort refreshments; fitness center; and manicure/pedicure studio.
Meeting and banqueting facilities include flexible space designed in sumptuous jewel tones with the latest in conferencing technologies in a flexible space that can accommodate up to 90 persons for a seated dinner and the Stanford White Studio for more intimate gatherings or boardroom style conferences.
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Continental breakfast daily, for up to two in room guests
- $100 USD Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay
- (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability