Banyan Tree Hotel
Bordered by the golden sands and gentle waves of the Andaman Sea, Thailand, Banyan Tree Phuket is an oasis of peace and tranquility. A tropical paradise of extraordinary natural beauty, it has earned many an accolade from leading magazines the world over. Exuding seclusion, luxury and romance, this exotic hideaway boasts only the finest facilities and ambiance. A ‘Land of Smiles’ indeed under the sheltering canopy of the Banyan Tree.
Located on the shores of Bang Tao Bay in the northwest of Phuket island in Southern Thailand, Banyan Tree Phuket is just a 20-minute drive away from Phuket International Airport and a 25-minute drive from Phuket town. It is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia’s first integrated resort, which consists of five luxury hotels, six palm-fringed lagoons, 600 acres of parkland, three kilometers of pristine beach and an outstanding array of recreational and dining facilities.
Banyan Tree Phuket has 150 villas including Deluxe Villas, Plunge Pool Villas, Spa Pool Villas, 2 Bedroom Pool Villas and Double Pool Villas. Features include spacious bedrooms, floating bedrooms, open air sunken baths, private landscaped gardens, private swimming pools, mini bar, in-villa safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, video/audio systems and more.
Dining facilities include:
- Saffron – Wine and dine at this eclectic and award-winning restaurant, renowned for its creative selection of Thai cuisine prepared using traditional methods passed down through generations. At the Saffron the exotic flavors of Asian delights blend perfectly with the delectable décor of the restaurant.
- Watercourt – With a spectacular view of the lagoon around you, enjoy a lavish American-and-Asian buffet breakfast or Mediterranean cuisine in the evening, amidst a relaxed water court setting.
- Banyan Cafe – International snacks and café fare make this the ideal place to enjoy a casual breakfast before teeing off, or a relaxed lunch while taking in the view of the pastoral greens at Laguna Phuket Golf Club.
- Tamarind Restaurant – Set in the tranquil surroundings of the Banyan Tree Spa, dining at Tamarind is an experience not to be missed. Fresh fish, seafood delicacies and spa cuisine are combined with the exotic herbs, roots and spices that create the distinctive flavors of Thai cuisine.
- Sala Terrace – Intimately sequestered on a discreet terrace facing the lagoon, this epicurean delight serves up the finest catches from the sea. Pay homage to the royal triumvirate of lobster, tiger prawn and imported French oysters; in between liberal dashings of melt-in-your-mouth Beluga caviar.
- Pool Bar – Swim up to the pool bar for thirst-quenching drinks and nifty fruit cocktails. Or sit under a coconut tree, soak up the tropical climate, marvel at the soothing ambiance and indulge in tasty snacks.
- Lobby Bar – A perfect place to unwind after dinner, The Lobby Bar Terrace is the best spot for stargazing while you linger over a cup of coffee, cognac and cigar. What’s more – Wine Rack, our air-conditioned private area is available for exclusive parties with a range of 6 to 12 guests.
- In-Villa Dining – When you stay at our stunning villas with your very own garden, Jet Pool or pool, a romantic experience not to be missed is in-villa dining. From extravagant champagne breakfasts to delicious outdoor barbecues, our outstanding room service team will attend to all your dining fancies.
- Sanya Rak Dinner Cruise – Enjoy the ultimate romantic dinner on board ‘The Sanya Rak – Promise of Love’, Banyan Tree’s traditional long tail boat. You will experience traditional music and melt-in-the-mouth cuisine, not forgetting Phuket’s spectacular sunset as you cruise through our lagoons.
Voted Top Ten for Best Golf Resort in Asia, Best Clubhouse in Asia and Best Golf Courses in Thailand by readers of Asian Golf Monthly magazine, Laguna Phuket Golf Club is an 18-hole, par-71 resort course, designed by Max Wexler and David Abell, which challenges golfing enthusiasts of all abilities. Measuring 6,654 yards from the back tees and 5,464 yards from the forward tees, the course features a wealth of scenic lagoons, coconut groves and undulating fairways, set against the dramatic backdrop of the surrounding mountains and the nearby sea.
The wonderfully tranquil surroundings turn an early morning dip into a truly invigorating experience. Swim a few laps in the 40m-long lap pool, soak in the sublimely peaceful atmosphere and let your cares drift away. Take part in a scuba diving demonstration and experience the sensation of weightlessness, or venture into the rapid water canal and bubble mats of the free-form pool, followed by a rest in the lounge chairs.
Test your tennis skills at our weekly tournaments. Whether you are an amateur player or professional, everyone is welcome at these friendly and fun challenges. Of course, you can tilt the balance of winning in your favor with advice from our tennis coach and a few practice serves on our three courts the night before.
At Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, we provide rejuvenation and relaxation. To complement our spa treatments, we have devised a range of activities and classes that will enhance your feeling of well being. From lessons in scuba diving, sailing, canoeing and windsurfing to classes in meditation, tai chi, aerobics, aqua toning and batik painting, our activity program will help to restore your balance of body, mind and spirit.
Banyan Tree Spa Phuket:
Internationally acclaimed Banyan Tree Spa Phuket offers an exotic blend of massages and body treatments inspired by traditional Asian health and beauty remedies. As the pioneer of the tropical garden setting concept, the spa features pavilions which are re-creations of royal Thai salas in all their splendour. Voted the ‘World’s Best Spa Resort’ by readers of Condé Nast Traveler, the ‘Top Spa & RetreatExperience’ by Arts & Entertainment Television Networks, USA, and a ‘Top 10 Hotel Spa’ by Travel & Leisure magazine, Banyan Tree Phuket provides a sublime spa environment.
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- For 2014 & 2015
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- served in restaurant or Double Pool Villa
- A complimentary lunch or dinner for up to two people per room
- Set lunch at Banyan or Set dinner at Watercourt or Saffron
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability