&BEYOND LAKE MANYARA TREE LODGE
The only permanent luxury lodge in Lake Manyara National Park, this lodge is renowned for its romantic stilted tree house suites that are shaded by a mahogany forest. After an exhilarating game drive, guests stop for sundowners on the lakeshore below the Great Rift Valley wall
Most people think that the famous tree-climbing lions at Lake Manyara have developed their climbing habit to get away from annoying insects. At &Beyond, we have our own theory – they’re jealous of our magnificent treehouse suites at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge! Cradled in the boughs of an ancient mahogany forest, the lodge blends into the natural beauty of its breathtaking surroundings.
About the Lodge
- Romantic treehouse suites
- Situated in a remote and secluded area of the park
- Spectacular Rift Valley scenery and dramatic escarpment views
- Incredible variety of habitats and wildlife
- Soda lake with pink flamingos
- Maji Moto hot springs
- Renowned for tree-climbing lions
- An incredible 400 to 600 bird species
- Wildlife visitors within the lodge
Daytime temperatures above 30˚C / 86˚F
Night-time temperature rarely drops below 19˚C / 66˚F
Birds are at their best in summer. Long rains arrive between April and May. In winter, elephants seek refuge here from the dry season.
- BEST TIME TO TRAVEL All year-round. Best game viewing is from August to September and December to February.
- RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN Travel to Tanzania is recommended for children 8 years or older
- GUEST SAFETY The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests to be extremely vigilant at all times
- LODGE AMENITIES 10 treehouse suites, Pool, Outdoor showers, Interactive kitchen, Safari Shop, Boma for open-air dining
- LANGUAGES Swahili Language, English Language
- WILDLIFE Elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion, baboon, 400 species of birds
- CURRENCY Tanzanian shilling
- CAPACITY10 Treehouses, 20 guests