&BEYOND SERENGETI UNDER CANVAS
&Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas is a luxurious semi-permanent tented camp that moves around the Serengeti bringing guests within range of the massive herds of the Great Migration.
This is the ultimate in luxury camping, complete with a private butler service, chandeliers, silverware, crystal, ensuite flush w.c. and comfortable beds with fluffy duvets.
Experience a classic Tanzanian safari in spectacular solitude and soothing comfort – with only the canvas walls of your tent separating you from the wonder of the Serengeti. Carefully positioned for close proximity to the wildlife herds of the Great Migration, our two &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas camps provide the ultimate viewpoint for this amazing animal spectacle. With only nine tents nestled at each private campsite, enjoy the indulgence of complete comfort combined with the authenticity of nights spent in the African bush.
About the Lodge
- Attempts to anticipate the movements of the Great Migration
- The rustic charm of camping combined with true comfort and luxury, including a private butler, hot bucket shower and flush toilet
- The ultimate remote getaway in the midst of the vast herds
- Seasonal sightings of the Grumeti and Mara River crossings
- Seasonal sightings of the wildebeest calving season at Ndutu
- Exceptional resident game
- Fantastic big cat sightings
- Unique wildlife includes topi, kongoni and Thompson’s gazelle
- Magnificent night skies
Daytime temperatures above 30˚C / 86˚F
Night-time temperature rarely drops below 19˚C / 66˚F
The wildebeest herds calve during the summer. Winter sees them crossing over into Kenya. In spring they head south once more.
- BEST TIME TO TRAVEL All year-round.
- RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN Children 6 years and older are welcome; children younger than 6 are welcome if the entire camp is booked for sole use
- GUEST SAFETY The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests to be extremely vigilant at all times
- LODGE AMENITIES Hot bucket showers and flush toilets, Private campsites, Unbeatable bush dinners, Family friendly, with family tent available
- LANGUAGES Swahili Language, English Language
- WILDLIFE Lion, leopard, cheetah, buffalo, elephant, wildebeest, zebra, eland, Thomsons gazelle, hyena
- CURRENCY Tanzanian shilling
- CAPACITY 9 tents, 18 guests