The Oberoi Amarvilas
Only 600 metres from the Taj Mahal stands the Oberoi Group’s luxury resort, The Oberoi Amarvilas, set amidst nine acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, fountains and pavilions. Travellers can now appreciate the fabulous Taj Mahal while enjoying world class luxury.
The resort has 102 exquisitely appointed rooms and suites, each with uninterrupted view of the Taj Mahal. Many rooms of this elegant five-story building have private terraces. Suites are located on the fifth floor, each offering a distinct lifestyle experience. Each bedroom has an area of approximately 42 square metres. Elegantly appointed interiors include teak wood flooring and the finest hand-crafted furniture. Each room has spacious marble bathroom with separate shower stall, walk-in closet, personal bar, satellite television, compact disc and digital video player, in-room safe and two line telephones with dataports.
The dining experience at The Oberoi Amarvilas includes Bellevue, the all day dining restaurant; Esphahan, serving specialty Indian cuisine; a lobby bar; the tea lounge and pool snack bar. In-room dining is available around the clock. The lobby, bar and tea lounge offer spectacular views of the Taj Mahal.
Recreation facilities include a gymnasium, heated swimming pool, a library of digital video discs. The Oberoi Spa is an oasis of tranquility offering non-clinical programs for relaxation and beauty. The therapy suites and heat treatment area features steam rooms and chilled water showers. Three of the seven therapy suites have breathtaking views of the Taj Mahal. Treatments incorporate the use of Ayurvedic principles of holistic health maintenance, herbal treatments and aromatherapy.
Terms & Conditions
Two children up to 8 years of age can stay in the parent’s room without an additional charge. However, a maximum of one child’s bed can be placed in a room which will be provided at no additional charge.
- One child over 8 but less than 12 years can stay in the parent’s room. A child’s bed is provided at no additional charge.
- For two children between 8 and 12 years an additional room is necessary. The rate of this room will be 50% of the parent’s applicable room rate.
- If a child is above 12 years of age, a separate room will be required at the parent’s applicable room rate. (An extra bed shall not be provided for anyone over 12 years of age.)
Effective 2nd October 2008, the Government has introduced “No-Smoking” legislation for hotels, restaurants and all public places. As a consequence, smoking is prohibited in all parts of the hotel except in designated bedrooms where smoking is permitted.
The hotel has dedicated smoking guest bedrooms. Should you desire a smoking bedroom, please let us know. We shall endeavor to reserve a smoking bedroom for you, subject to availability.
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- A complimentary lunch for up to two people
- once during stay, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability