Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Ranked the #1 US City Hotel in 2014 by Conde Nast Traveler Gold List and #1 Hotel Spa in the US by Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll, the Waldorf Astoria Chicago boasts stunning interiors, expansive rooms, gracious service, and unique amenities that combine to create a travel experience like no other.
The jewel of America’s heartland, few cities in the world can match the character and culture of Chicago. Chicago blends the style and sophistication of one of the largest cities in the United States with the friendliness and approachability of the Midwest.
Renowned for its architecture, Chicago is home to some of the tallest and most impressive buildings in the world. Architects Frank Gehry and Jaume Plensa have made Millennium Park a top destination for stunning examples of public art as well as a favorite spot for taking in outdoor concerts, splashing in the fountains or sipping cocktails at open-air cafes.
Whether in town for business or pleasure, visitors are drawn to the natural beauty of Lake Michigan with its sandy beaches and jogging paths, world-class dining, distinguished museums, and downtown neighborhood entertainment options. The bustling theater district and celebrated theater companies offer options ranging from improvisional comedy to traditional theater to dance productions. Home to twenty-one Michelin-rated restaurants, Chicago is truly a dining mecca.
Shoppers revel in the 460 storefronts lining the Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile, located next to Waldorf Astoria Chicago hotel. The most extraordinary brands in the world are represented there and on neighboring Oak Street, the most exclusive shopping destination in the city. Chicago’s neighborhoods, including Wicker Park, Bucktown and Lincoln Park among others, offer charming alternative shopping and dining options.
A transportation hub, the downtown area is reached easily via a network of expressways and public transportation. Chicago has been called one of the most walkable cities in the United States, some routes winding through lovely parks and along the lakefront.
Art & Architecture
Artwork at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago includes photography, paintings, drawings, fibers and sculptures from over thirty international contemporary artists.
Wellness & Spa
At the Elysian Spa & Health Club, time is precious and time is well spent with treatments personalized to guests’ preferences and cared for with True Waldorf Service.
From the dress to the honeymoon, there are thousands of decisions to be made when planning your wedding. But with a personalized menu, a glamorous ballroom and a staff that is eager to make your day the one from your dreams, deciding where to start your life together should be fairly simple.
Gold Coast Views. Artisinal Ingredients. Renowned Chefs.
- Balsan – Balsan’s rustic, artisanal food is built around fresh, local ingredients sourced from small farms across the Midwest. There is a soft and nuanced touch in the preparation of dishes ranging from raw bar selections to modern interpretations of classic bistro fare.
- Bernard’s Bar – At this haute Chicago hangout, everything is casual – except for the care and craftsmanship poured into every cocktail. A sophisticated yet cozy, 34-seat neighborhood boite, Bernard’s Bar features a simple menu of both classic and modern cocktails; artisanal wines and spirits; craft beers, and seasonal beverages, all paired with a signature light fare menu. Reminiscent of a plush, private club in shades of rich brown with suede covered walls, velvet banquettes and charcoal drawings by local artist, Francine Turk, the experience is refined and attentive yet comfortable and relaxed.
Meetings & Events
Whether planning a corporate board meeting, a group conference, or a fundraising event, the Waldorf Astoria Chicago personalizes your event to the ocassion.
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Continental breakfast daily, for up to two in room guests
- $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit, to be utilized during stay
- Excludes overnight parking, transfers and dry cleaning. Not valid with other offers. No cash value. Not valid towards room rate, tax or gratuity.
- Seasonal welcome amenity up to $30
- (may include food, beverage, spa or other items)
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability