Ananda In The Himalayas
Ananda in the Himalayas is a luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of Yoga and Ayurveda. Built around a 100 acre Maharaja’s palace estate, Ananda offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountains, and the spiritual river Ganga. Ananda integrates the traditional Indian wellness practices of Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta with the best of international wellness experiences. Experience signature wellness programs including Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management and Detox in the expansive 25,000 sq.ft. spa with personalised spa consultations and expert therapists.
Ananda offers luxurious accomodation including 70 rooms, 5 suites including the popular Viceregal Suite in the Viceregal Palace. Ananda’s signature one 1 Bedroom Villa and two 2 Bedroom Villas each with their private pools create a perfect escape in the midst of surrounding Sal trees. The rooms offer unparalleled views of either the holy river Ganges meandering below in the town of Rishikesh or a view of the 19th century Maharaja’s Palace with the surrounding hills.
The restaurant and its charming tree top deck offer expertly prepared healthy cuisine based on ayurvedic principles of holistic health and well-being, but also offer a vast range of international favourites for those not on wellness programs. A vast array of outdoor adventure activities including Safaris through the Rajaji National Park, Treks and Nature Walks, and White Water Rafting on the Ganges are available for wildlife and nature lovers, fitness enthusiasts and thrill seekers.
Located just 260 kilometers north of New Delhi, Ananda is easily accessible with a 1 hour flight from New Delhi International Airport to Dehradun Airport followed by a 50 minute scenic drive to Ananda. 4 to 5 flights operate daily. Train options from Delhi to Dehradun are also available.
Terms & Conditions
1. Rates exclude all Government taxes and will be levied as per the laws prevalent during the time of stay. In case of advance remittances, the additional tax component, if any, will be collected directly from the guest at the time of check-out.
2. Our normal Check-in time is 2 pm and Check-out time is 11 am. However, this does not apply to Virtuoso clients who have a preferential policy: early check-in of 12 noon and a late check-out of 4 pm, both subject to availaibility.
3. Early Check-in charges: to guarantee a room prior to 9 am, 100% of the 1st night’s charge will be levied. For any time beyond 9 am, 50% of the 1st night’s charge will be levied.
4. Late Check-out charges: to guarantee a room any time beyond 5 pm, 100% of the previous night’s charge will be levied. For any time up to 5 pm, 50% of the previous night’s charge will be levied.
5. In order to preserve the tranquility of the destination spa, children below the age of 14 years are not permitted.
6. Use of the Spa facilities such as Sauna, Steam and Spa Therapies are available only to guests who are of the age of 18 years and above. However, those under 18 years can take part in other scheduled activities such as Yoga, Meditation, Treks and use of the Swimming Pool.
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- For 2014 & 2015
- Upgrade to a Deluxe Valley View Room from Palace View Room
- at time of booking, subject to availability (not valid on other categories)
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability
- Complimentary transfer to the banks of Ganges River
- for an evening Arti ceremony, once during stay
- For stays of 3 nights or more:
- A complimentary 50-minute spa treatment for up to two people, once during the stay