Four Seasons Resort Maldives
Welcome to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru: a natural 44 acre wilderness in the secluded Baa Atoll, a scenic seaplane ride from Malé. Snorkel with turtles, dolphins, and lemon sharks in the two kilometre lagoon. Immerse in the healing heart of the Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat, complemented by ayurvedic options in all four restaurants. Join pioneering marine research projects or hideaway in vast accommodation compounds…on the beach, over the water or hidden down dense jungle paths…
Vast areas of natural wilderness incorporate 102 thatched bungalows and villas of contemporary Maldivian design. Standard conveniences include wireless high-speed internet access, 42-inch plasma television, audiovisual system with DVD player and MP3 cable, and espresso machine.
- Beach Bungalow with pool (27 units) has a spacious garden and plunge pool and undholi (traditional Maldivian swing).
- Two-Bedroom Family Beach Bungalows with pool (2 units) have a twin-bedded room (with separate bathroom / outdoor shower) linked to the master bedroom.
- Beach Villa with pool (26 units) has a 12 m lap pool, extensive private garden and outdoor, sand-floor living pavilion with sea-gazing loft accessible via a spiral staircase.
- Family Beach Villa with pool (4 units) have a study room with sofa bed (plus underbed) and shower room.
- Water villas (28 units) some with plunge pools (10 units), are stilted over the lagoon with decked outdoor living space and sea-gazing loft.Two-bedroom Water Suites (2 units) have uninterrupted sunrise or sunset views from the end of the jetty.
- Two-bedroom Land and Ocean Suites (2 units) consist of a land-based, open-plan living and dining pavilion (with separate library, kitchenette and bathroom) that links via a wooden walkway, 36 m2 pool and al fresco dining pavilion to two ocean-based sleeping pavilions, each with en suite bedroom, dressing room and outdoor shower.
- Two-bedroom Royal Beach Villa (1) has a Master pavilion with indoor and outdoor bathroom, kitchenette, outdoor living and dining pavilion and separate guest pavilion. The large garden includes a 20 m lap pool with ‘floating’ island dining table, beach-side bale, garden courtyard with twin massage beds and stretches of white sand beach.
Al Barakat – Perched over the water, adjacent to the main jetty, Al Barakat serves Lebanese and Moroccan mezze, grills, platters and stews on two rooftop terraces under a canopy of stars. The ground floor Shisha Bar is open to the sea, with curtained sofas and magnificent sunset views – the perfect spot for pre-dinner drinks or Turkish coffee and Shisha pipes.
Blu Restaurant and Sunset Bar – Located on the island’s western tip, overlooking the two kilometre lagoon, Blu serves contemporary Italian cuisine for lunch and elegant Italian in the evening. Dazzling white interiors contrast with the blues of the surrounding sky, ocean and lagoon. A ‘sunset’ swimming pool separates the restaurant and sand-floor bar (open all day).
Café Landaa – Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Café Landaa has three thatched pavilions separated by reflecting ponds. The vast breakfast buffet includes Asian, continental and international buffet selections with ayurvedic-labelling, dosha-specific teas and ayurvedic tonics. Lunch and dinner feature Indian and Asian specialties; a separate Teppanyaki counter in a water garden setting opens for dinner only.
Fuego Grill – The seafront Fuego Grill, with tables and chairs set in the sand, serves fresh catch of the day alongside a selection of prime cuts and salads from an open-air kitchen pavilion.
Seabar – Standing uncovered in the sea, with steps down into the lagoon, Seabar draws guests nighlty from 5 pm till midnight with an easy, breezy vibe and blissfully secluded feel. Watch the lemon sharks and reef fish below, laze on cushions with signature frozen margaritas and snack on tapas-style platters and light bites. Different DJs keep the lounge a buzz from 9 pm.
Five Degrees North – Five Degrees North’s casual bar setting includes a pool table and bar counter fashioned from a dhoni (traditional Maldivian boat). A live band plays on Thursday and Saturday nights.
In-Villa Dining: In-villa dining is available 24 hours to cater for any request, from a sunrise champagne breakfast to a candlelit beach or sandbank dinner, Robinson Crusoe picnic or private party.
Spa: The 2.5 acre Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat stretches from the heart of the island to the middle of the lagoon. Two Ayurvedic Physicians, a resident yogi and highly specialized team of therapists offer authentic Ayurveda and education from ten land and sea-based treatment pavilions and a yoga deck. All-inclusive 7-, 14- and 21-day Ayurvedic Immersions are complemented by a full spa menu, with authentic ayurvedic therapies that incorporate herbs grown in the Spa’s Herbal Garden. The Spa also runs specialist week-long retreats several times a year in conjunction with Ila-Spa. All Resort guests are offered a complimentary dosha-determining consultation during their visit.
Leisure & Recreation:
Four swimming pools; water sports and an interactive Marine Discovery Centre showcasing pioneering marine research projects including the Maldives’ only full time manta ray project and one of the most successful coral reef transplanting projects in the world. Other activities include snorkelling with manta rays and whale sharks (seasonal, from June to October) at nearby Hanifaru Bay, sunset fishing, dolphin-watching, sandbank picnics and island visits.
Four Seasons Explorer
Experience a side of the Maldives rarely seen by tourists on a 3-, 4-, or 7-night cruise on board Four Seasons Explorer – a 128-foot cruiser that sails to secluded reefs and isolated villages in superlative comfort. Dive, snorkel, surf, water-ski, fish, kayak, spa, sail, spend time with the marine biologist or visit remote islands for cultural and castaway experiences. Facilities include ten spacious cabins and the Explorer Suite, two sun decks, an open-air Jacuzzi, restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining, bar, lounge, library and a floating five-star PADI Dive Centre.
Four Seasons Explorer departs from Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru every Thursday (4-night cruise) and from its sister resort, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa every Monday (3-night cruise). Four Seasons Explorer can also be chartered for private surf, dive or leisure cruises.
The Resort operates its own PADI-licensed Dive Centre with a multilingual team of professionals offering courses and daily dive trips; its isolated location places it in the heart of many virgin dive sites, with 30 beautiful coral gardens within easy reach. It is also just 20 minutes by speedboat from Hanifaru Bay – one of the best places in the world to snorkel with mass gatherings of manta rays and whale sharks (June to October).
Dive and snorkeling equipment is available on a complimentary basis; high-tech digital cameras can be rented and professional videography is offered at a fee.
The Health Club is a state-of-the-art facility with advanced cardio fitness equipment and surround-sound audio system. There is also an outdoor tennis court; complimentary rackets and balls are available while tennis lessons are available at a fee.
Kids Club & Teen Centre
There are daily programmes for guests aged 4-12 years old at the Kuda Velaa Kids’ Club, which also has its own pool, garden and pirate ship. Teenagers can play pool or computer games in their own center, Majaa Maizan, learn to windsurf or sail or enjoy private beach dinners with friends.
Round-trip seaplane transfer
A 30-minute seaplane transfer is necessary for guests visiting Landaa Giraavaru. Seaplanes operate during daylight hours only. Four Seasons has its own private lounge at the seaplane terminal, where, waiting time typically does not exceed two hours from international flight arrival. There may be one stopover en route.
Transfer rates include:
• Meet and greet service at Male International Airport
• Ticket re-confirmation service and porterage
• Use of exclusive Four Seasons Lounge at seaplane terminal
• Return transfer: Male Airport – Landaa Giraavaru – Male Airport (approx. 30 minutes)
• Baggage allowance of 20kg checked luggage and 5 kg hand luggage per person
• Bus transfers between terminals and departure assistance at Male International Airport
Adult: US$490.00 net per person
Child: US$245.00 net per child (3 – 12 yr old)
Complimentary (0-2 years)
Private seaplane transfers can be arranged at charter rates.
Note: In order to schedule seaplane transfers, we require international flight details 48 hours in advance.
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- $100 USD Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay
- (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Welcome amenity in room on arrival
- Departure gift