El Silencio Lodge & Spa
El Silencio Lodge & Spa is an eco luxury hotel located in Costa Rica’s tropical cloud forest. Ideal for honeymoons, relaxation getaways, and wellness travel. Silencio, Spanish for silence, is befitting of a destination where daily stress hushes and the sounds of nature bloom. This upscale Costa Rican hotel features five hundred private acres of carbon-offsetting tropical cloud forest, hidden waterfalls, a nature-immersed spa, yoga, hiking, meditation, and healthy organic cuisine. El Silencio Lodge & Spa is an exciting addition to Costa Rica’s best travel options. Featured by Condé Nast Traveler andTravel + Leisure as one the world’s most promising new luxury hotels (2008).
Bewildering lush landscapes are to be enjoyed in stylish comfort. El Silencio Lodge & Spa features sixteen upscale cottage suites and two 2-bedroom Villas interspersed in a tiered layout. Each suite sits on above-ground pillars to respect the forest’s natural topography and features bamboo ceiling tiles, energy-efficient lighting, and an energy-saving electric heater. Designed by Costa Rican architect, Ronald Zurcher, El Silencio’s stunning suites evoke the clean lines of the region’s rural farmhouses in a style some have dubbed “rustic zen”. The overall effect is what visiting author Susan Crandell described as “A Castle in the Clouds” (Town & Country Magazine, Sep 09). All Suites feature privacy, premium amenities, a viewing deck with rocking chairs, an enticing outdoor whirlpool tub, and spectacular mountain or river vistas. Top-tier personal care products are selected for both their body nourishing and eco-friendly qualities. A king-sized bed sits across floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors and is outfitted with luxurious linens and a cloud-top mattress. Twin day-beds with end tables set a perfect lounging area and double as sleeping arrangements for up to two extra people.
The recently built (August 2013) 2-bedroom Villas offer one room with King bed, a second room with 2 full beds, fully-equipped kitchen, dining room, living room, a cozy gas fireplace and a private outdoor whirlpool tub which looks out into the garden. There is a gorgeous viewing deck which is perfect for relaxing and unwinding. Both bedrooms feature flat-screen televisions with satellite TV and there is also complimentary Wifi.
El Silencio’s Las Ventanas Restaurant pampers the palate with local flavors and fresh ingredients. Costa Rican traditions are transformed with inspired flare and a savory international twist. Signature dishes include regional fish, poultry, and vegetarian entrees. 100% of the ingredients are regional, minimizing transportation impact, favoring the local economy, ensuring freshness, and providing a more authentic experience. An in-property garden supplies most of the organic herbs and vegetables.
El Silencio Lodge & Spa’s splendid organic garden has provided the fresh, flavorful, and nutrient-rich ingredients that single out Las Ventanas Restaurant as Costa Rica’s most innovative culinary destination. A recent expansion includes a 5000 square foot greenhouse to ensure year-round access to colorful vegetables, fragrant spices, and delicate herbs. A highlight of the El Silencio experience, is picking your own veggies to create the salad of a lifetime!
Esencia Spa lets you enjoy the best of Costa Rica’s natural healing ingredients in a luxury hotel setting. The sound of flowing water, whispering breeze, nourishing earth, and the primal flicker of candles converge in harmony for relaxing massages, facials, and body wraps. Standout features include the al fresco Yoga Deck and the Conical Room, designed to channel the Costa Rican forest’s life energy.
Nearby attractions and adventures include Costa Rica travel favorites such as Poas Volcano, Sarchí arts and crafts, Arenal Volcano, horseback riding, river rafting, mountain biking, and canopy zip-lining. Guests’ favorite activities include the tree-planting ceremony, picking organic veggies from El Silencio’s own garden, and the new Elementos trail, a holistic journey that incorporates stations to focus on a particular sensory experience.
- 500 acre private forest reserve
- Registered with Costa Rica’s greenhouse gas offsetting program FONAFIFO
- Onsite organic vegetable garden
- Designed by Costa Rican architect Ronald Zurcher
- Eco-friendly materials and building techniques
- Personal Eco-Concierge Guide
- Spa, Yoga & Hiking Trails
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum stay: 2 nights.
- Recommended arrival time: No later than 6:00pm
- Children: Recommended minimum age is 8 years old. El Silencio Lodge & Spa is best suited for children who have a keen interest in nature. Our property does not feature a swimming pool, playground, or special children´s center. Furthermore, our Suites do not feature TV sets or Wifi. Please remember that there is a maximum of 2 children per Suite.
- Pets: We apologize for any inconvenience, but pets are not allowed on the premises.
- Dress code: Rugged for day adventures and comfortable for lounging. Cozy casual is El Silencio’s style!
- TV: Suites do not feature a TV set. The view is so spectacular, you certainly won’t miss one! There is one large LCD screen in the main lodge’s Meeting Room where DVDs are available for your enjoyment. Both bedrooms in the Chalets feature flat-screen TVs with satellite television.
- Smoking: In accordance to its health theme, El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a non-smoking facility.
- Restaurant: Features wellness dishes specializing in regional fish, free-range poultry, and fresh produce from our own organic garden.
As Seen in Travel Folio
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- in restaurant
- $50 USD equivalent Spa Services credit
- to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- A 250g package of gourmet Costa Rican Coffee
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability
- Private Coffee Tasting Experience