Jean-Michel Cousteau Private Island Resort
Welcome to a Fiji island holiday in its purest form. Crafted from local timbers and featuring premier amenities, each traditional thatched bure at the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort provides the ultimate in Fiji accommodation for privacy, comfort and the best personal service.
Built on the site of a former coconut plantation, the 17-acre Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort features just 25 bures (Fijian bungalows) delivering world-class lodging amidst quintessential Fiji island serenity. Slip into premier Fiji accommodations, with rattan furnishings, a plush king-size bed, oversized bathrooms, private deck, and bures with garden or ocean views. Our resort accommodations include allmeals, bottled non-alcoholic beverages and round-trip transportation between the resort and Savusavu Airport. To enhance tranquility, our bures have no telephones or televisions, however there is complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access.
Discover: Water – There’s no better place to soak up the Fiji island’s famous sea activities than our resort on the water. Experience endless water sports, like sailing a Hobie Cat over crystal clear waters, kayaking the reef, or catching fish off Savusavu to bring back to our Chef.
Diving – The “Soft Coral Capital of the World,” Fiji offers the largest variety of fish and coral on the planet.
Marine Biologist – Get a closer look at the wonders of Fiji’s sea life. With the resort’s full-time Marine Biologist Johnny Singh on staff, the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort is committed to treating guests to fascinating insights into the ecology of the marine world in Fiji.
Activities – Discover boundless opportunities for fun and adventure. From beach sports to ecological pursuits to traditional Fijian rituals.
Excursions – Our weekly schedule of activities include four scheduled off site excursions: a village trip, a rain forest and waterfall hike, a Mangrove trip and a Farmers Market trip on set days complimentary.
Earth – The Fijian people have flourished for over three thousand years by living off the natural bounty that surrounds them. Jean-Michel Cousteau and his team of conservationists believe our modern society can learn a lot about achieving a sustainable environment from the Fijian’s agricultural and fishing practices.
People: History – Comprising 330 islands in the central South Pacific, Fiji’s geography has made it both a destination and migratory crossroads for centuries. Austronesian peoples are believed to have settled here some 3,500 years ago, with Melanesians following a thousand years later.In the 10th Century, the Tu’i Tonga Empire was established in Tonga, and Fiji came within its sphere of influence. This brought Polynesian customs and language to Fiji.
Village – Experience a visit to the traditional Fiji village of Nukubalavu (“long beach”), located just two miles south of the resort and home to many of our staff. Rural villages throughout Fiji form an important part of the Fijian community structure. You will be welcomed into Nukubalavu to experience the culture first-hand and enjoy the Meke (dance) and singing by the village people.
Town of Savusavu – Stroll the nearby Savusavu town, where you’ll find a collection of interesting shops of diverse cultural origins, small restaurants, banks, and a post office from which to mail postcards. Here along Savusavu Bay, you can also explore a Farmer’s Market with indigenous local produce.
Treat yourself to sumptuous Fijian cuisine, South Pacific and Asian-inspired delicacies. All meals are included in your stay and served in our restaurant overlooking Savusavu Bay or al fresco poolside. Our musicians will serenade you with the soft harmonies of traditional Fijian songs, Fijian versions of some old favorites, and even invite you to participate in a Kava Ceremony.
Dining – Treat yourself to sumptuous Fijian cuisine, South Pacific and Asian-inspired delicacies. All meals are included in your stay and served in our restaurant overlooking Savusavu Bay or al fresco poolside. Our musicians will serenade you with the soft harmonies of traditional Fijian songs, Fijian versions of some old favourites, and even invite you to participate in a Kava Ceremony.
Spa & Well Being – You can pamper your body and soul with one of our unique beachside spa treatments, or surrender to a rejuvenating Fijian massage in your bure. Our spa resort has recently started using “Nui Health Fiji” pure virgin coconut oil harvested locally by the people of the Wailevu Village on the shores of Savusavu Bay. Inhale the earthy coconut aroma, find yourself mesmerized by their graceful strokes, and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean.
Romance – Step into the ultimate romantic Fiji escape in a place that practically invented romance. From the gentle serenity of a private picnic on your own deserted island to a sunset-lit dinner, you will feel as though everything has been tailor made for your own amorous island getaway.
Weddings – A lifetime of minted bliss begins with a wedding in the South Pacific. Just imagine your traditional ceremony: two Fijian warriors carry the bride up a private stretch of beach to her groom, accompanied by the sound of conch shells, the beating of Lali drum, and a tropical sunset as the stunning backdrop.
Family – For an ideal family holiday there’s no place like the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort. Our award winning boutique resort is considered one of the best luxury family friendly resorts in the world. Discover a host of activities to be enjoyed as a family, with children of any age, on land, on the water, and in the water.
Terms & Conditions
All-Inclusive rates are quoted in AUD inclusive of tax, priced nightly and include the following:
- Meet & greet at Nadi and Savusavu domestic airport terminals
- All gourmet meals (a la carte breakfast, lunch & dinner – adult & children’s menus available)
- Complimentary breakfast and/or lunch prior to check – in time of 2:00 pm
- Bottled non-alcoholic beverages, specialty teas & espresso coffees, as well as afternoon tea with cake and cookies
- Daily schedule of complimentary resort activities including four scheduled off-site excursions per week & guided snorkel trips with marine biologist
- Complimentary use of snorkelling equipment, tennis equipment, paddle boards, kayaks and hobie cats Evening entertainment
- Daily Bula Club program for children 0 -12yrs & a complimentary dedicated nanny 8:30 am – 6:30 pm for each child under 6 & one dedicated nanny per bure 630pm – 9pm
- Teenage activity program with dedicated activities staff member 830am – 6pm
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout resort
- Private vehicle transfer from Savusavu Airport to and from resort
- Additional guests age 13 and above receive a rate of $314 per night (inclusive of taxes)
- Taxes are subject to change (currently 15% VAT and 5% turnover)
- Rates are subject to minimum length of stay requirements & are subject to change without notice.
- Resort Exclusive Use opportunities are available 20 Jan – 18 Mar (excluding Easter), 01- 31 May, and 01 Nov – 18 Dec; and require a 5-night minimum length of stay
- Children Policy: The first two children under 13 years at time of travel (sharing a bure with two adults) are FREE (inclusive of meals and activities.) Additional children under the age of 13 (sharing a bure with two adults) are charged a supplement rate of $170 per night. Bures occupied by one adult and two children under the age of 13 will be charged the double adult occupancy rate.
- Children are accommodated in the Point Reef and Honeymoon Point Reef bures only during the following periods 1- 20 Apr, 13 Jun – 31 Aug, 19 Sep – 11 Oct, 1 Dec 14 – 31 Jan 2016. Children under 6 are accommodated in the Villa on a request basis.
- Minimum Length of Stay Requirements (MLOS): A minimum requirement of 3 nights is applicable all times of year excluding
(20 Dec– 30 Dec inclusive), when there is a minimum 5-night requirement for all bookings.
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit, to be utilized during stay
- (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability