Spanning eight countries, this journey is full of diverse cultures, abundant wildlife, spectacular landscapes, stunning beaches and loads of adventure. Track the Big Five across open savannah, explore the Okavango Delta in a dug-out mokoro canoe, encounter gorillas deep in the Ugandan wilderness—do it all on this ultimate 54-day adventure and get a real feel for how large Africa really is. Travel aboard our rugged overland truck is well-paced and wilderness camping will bring you closer to the region’s wildlife. Encounter rare wildlife and real people on this unique and cost-effective journey through the stunning scenery of southern and East Africa.
- Entrance to Fish River Canyon and Sossusvlei Dunes. Entrances and game drives in Etosha, Serengeti, Lake Nakuru and Lake Mburo National Parks. Guided township tour (Swakopmund). Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion. Ngorongoro Crater visit with game drives. Guided tour of spice plantation (Zanzibar). 4-day Zanzibar excursion. Guided mountain gorilla trek with permits. Guided chimp trek (Kalinzu Forest Reserve). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 52 breakfasts, 43 lunches, 39 dinners. (Allow USD250-320 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Simple hotels (7 nts), participation camping (41 nts), full-service camping (2 nts), guesthouse (2 nts, multi-share), basic bush camp (1 nt).
- Overland truck, mokoro, 4×4 safari vehicles, minibuses, ferry, walking.
- 2 Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified safari guides/drivers, certified mountain gorilla trackers.
- Small group experience; Max 22, avg 19