SOSSUSVLEI DESERT LODGE
Take a breather from your hectic schedule and reconnect with yourself and with nature at andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge.
Surrounded by the mountains and sand dunes of the Namib Desert, Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is an escape to the world as it should be. Sheer silence, total tranquillity and romantic luxury. From stargazing to intimate picnics in the desert, this is an extraordinary desert wilderness.
Nestled deep in the heart of Namibia’s ancient Namib Desert in Southern Africa, the lodge is a secluded and serene oasis that overlooks awe-inspiring dunes and stony outcrops. A world of vast spaces, endless horizons and rugged mountain heights, the utter tranquillity and extraordinary clarity of light make this area one of Africa’s most compelling landscapes.
In this spectacularly beautiful location, spacious and serene suites envelope guests in pure indulgence, complete with an outdoor shower and a dramatic skylight over the bed for late night star gazing.
If you’re up for something more active, quad biking adventures, hikes and walks will let you explore the surrounding scenery and satisfy your sense of adventure.
About the Lodge
- Unforgettable dune dining, guided nature walks and hiking trails
- Scenic Nature drives in open 4 x 4 safari vehicles, 4-wheel all terrain motorbike excursions and San rock paintings
- Excursions to Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon in closed air conditioned vehicles
- Stargazing at a sophisticated observatory, accompanied by a resident astronomer, early morning hot air ballooning and scenic flights
- Perfect for honeymooners, couples, photographers and families
Daytime temperatures above 40˚C / 104˚F
Night-time temperature rarely drops below 0˚C / 32˚F
- BEST TIME TO TRAVEL All year round
- RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN Children are welcome at &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge.
- GUEST SAFETY The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- LODGE AMENITIES 10 air-conditioned stone and glass desert villas, outdoor showers, star-viewing skylights above the beds, lodge swimming pool, safari shop, observatory with professional astronomer
- LANGUAGES English
- WILDLIFE Oryx, mountain zebra, burchells zebra, springbok, ostrich, leopard
- CURRENCY Namibian Dollar
- CAPACITY 10 suites, 20 guests
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- For 2014 & 2015
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- served in private room or other area
- One private desert stargazing dinner
- Personalized Travel Pack
- (consisting of canvas shoulder bag, two leather luggage tags, personalized travel journal and voucher waller per couple)
- Upgrades are not applicable with this participant
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability