The Grand Del Mar San Diego
NO RESORT FEES
The Grand Del Mar is located in coastal, northern San Diego, just east of I-5 and surrounded by the pristine coastal communities of La Jolla, Del Mar and Rancho Santa Fe. This new luxury resort destination is just minutes from San Diego’s renowned beaches, the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, numerous restaurants and boutiques, and a short commute to Southern California’s top attractions and the San Diego International Airport.
After a hike in the canyon, a rejuvenating spa experience, or a day on the fairways, The Grand Del Mar’s luxurious resort accommodations are the ideal retreat. Decorated in an elegant, yet inviting turn-of-the-century style with dark wood furnishings, crown moldings, stylish fixtures, and a jewel-toned color scheme, each of the 249 lavishly appointed guestrooms offer commanding views of the golf course or the serene nature preserve.
San Diego’s newest resort also features 31 spacious suites, including a pair of 2,840-square-foot, two-bedroom presidential suites, 12 Palazzo Suites, five Veranda Suites and 12 Prado Suites. These expansive spaces are perfect for an extended stay with family and friends or a relaxing, ultra-luxury experience.
The imaginative chefs of The Grand Del Mar embrace the intricate craftsmanship of the resort’s stunning architecture and exquisite details, creating a fluid transition from place to plate. Six venues offer a multitude of options from elegant fine dining and creative contemporary cuisine to casual poolside fare, gourmet espressos and cocktails with evening entertainment.
An extensive wine program, seasonal menus, Afternoon Tea, cooking classes with our executive culinary team, and events for oenophiles, epicureans and connoisseurs enhance the resort’s culinary offerings throughout the year.
Lounge poolside. Take a scenic hike. Focus on your wellbeing. Dive into the ocean… or the action. The Grand Del Mar is nestled in the heart of Southern California , drenched in year-round sunlight and surrounded by a wonderland of flora and fauna. Endless options offer something for everyone – the active enthusiast, the spirited adventurer, the culinary connoisseur and the style seeker.
From pro-style tennis courts and an 18-hole championship golf course to seasonal cooking classes and an abundance of outdoor recreation in the 37 miles of canyon preserve trails, the vibrant activity of the resort will meet your every need for fun.
Retreat from the world and slip into a relaxed state at The Spa at The Grand Del Mar. Tensions and worries will melt away as you enter the 21,000-square-foot spa embellished in old-world elegance – soothing tones, crystal glass tiles, imported white Carrera marble and warm wood accents.
A masterpiece of dramatic elevations, diverse bunkering and lush fairways beckons at The Grand Golf Club. San Diego’s only Tom Fazio-designed golf course winds through the rugged beauty of Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve – native chaparral cloaked hillsides and tree-topped ridgelines create a stunning natural playground. Close enough to the Pacific to capture ocean breezes, this spectacular setting is washed in the quintessential Southern California glow. Year-round play and multiple tee boxes for all levels highlight this challenging and unforgettable experience, exclusively available for resort guests, members and Villa owners.
The Villas at The Grand del Mar
These 3-bedroom homes offer 4,500 square-foot floor plans, including a private elevator, spacious master suite with lavish his-and-hers bathrooms. The sprawling, airy layouts provide ample space for entertaining inside and out, secluded outdoor terraces, dramatic fireplaces and fire-pits, sunken Jacuzzi, and picturesque views of the lush fairways of The Grand Golf Club.
In the fully furnished and appointed interiors, European antiques, luscious fabrics, hand-trawled Venetian plaster, stone finishes, and glowing chestnut-wood floors not only to create a look that is both cultivated and classic, but that stays true to the legendary Addison Mizner Aesthetic. You’ll find everything from SONY LCD flat-screen televisions throughout (plus a 60” theater-quality TV in the generous media room!) to a fully-computer-equipped home office; from Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances in the beyond gourmet-kitchen to the state-of-the-art lighting and audio systems indoors and out.
This is the perfect setting for pampered living, where every imaginable luxury is at your fingertips. Villa guests enjoy resort-level amenities including: Steps-away swimming and tennis, a long menu of concierge and personal butler services, 24-hour in-Villa dining, housekeeping and laundry—they’re all part of the offer.
- All villas come fully furnished and appointed, 4,500 Sq feet
- Personal elevator of easy access from first to second floor
- Attached 2-car garage and golf cart garage, luxury golf cart included
- Master bedroom features king bed, sitting area, large master deck with outdoor fireplace, and his and her-bathrooms
- Two luxurious guest King bedded suites with spacious bathrooms and walk-in closets, one of the suites has an alcove den with a full size pull out couch
- Furniture pieces and fabrics collected and crafted around the world
- Italian Linens
- Media room with 60” Sony Plasma TV, DVD player and theater quality surround sound
- Home office with computer, large LCD monitor and fax/scanner/printer.
- Spacious living and entertaining area with a full wet bar with climate controlled wine storage and 30 foot fully retractable window walls between indoor and outdoor spaces
Fully equipped kitchens with granite countertops and appliances from Sub-Zero and Wolf, including:
- 30” Warming Drawer
- 48” Side by Side Fridge/Freezer
- 6 Cycle Dishwasher
- 36” Range with 4 burners and griddle
- 30” Double wall oven, self cleaning
- 27” 900 Watt, Convection Microwave
- 15” Wine cellar, clear glass
- 24” Fridge for family room
- 15” Icemaker for family room with pump kit if necessary
- 36” Kitchen hood liner for custom hood
- Five-fixture marble bathrooms with oversized tubs for two and separate marble clad showers
- Laundry rooms with Whirlpool washer and dryer
- Wireless and wired CAT6 broadband high-speed Internet access
- Recessed audio speakers throughout
- Stone floors with marble and limestone inlays at entry
- Decorative iron stair railing
- Chestnut wood floors
- European inspired limestone fireplace surround
- Antique brass fixtures
- Dimmable lighting system
- Sony Plasma and LCD TVs provided throughout, including all bedroom suites and the master suite his and her bathrooms
- Bose 3-2-1 surround sound systems in each bedroom for individual DVD, CD, Radio and MP3 hookup capabilities.
- Cable TV with LodgeNet capability for in-villa new release movies and sports packages for rent
- Phone system with voice messaging, caller identification, speakerphone and direct dialing to hotel amenities such as room service and housekeeping.
- Dual Pane Marvin Windows and wall coverings
Villa Exterior Features:
- Landscaped yards, privacy walls and patios provide fluid private spaces for each Villa
- Climate controlled outdoor patios
- Outdoor built-in stainless steel grill and refrigerator with tile countertops
- Outdoor fireplace or fire pit
- Outdoor sunken Jacuzzi
Terms & Conditions
Children 17 and under stay free with paying adult and using existing bedding.
Pets are allowed pets must be 25 pounds and under and must be in a pet sanctioned room located on the 1st floor. A one-time $100 cleaning fee will be applied.
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- room categories up to Fairway, subject to availability
- Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
- room categories up to Fairway, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- (value of up to $50 per room/suite per day)
- $100 USD Activity credit valid for golf play,
- golf instruction, valet parking and/or Explorer’s Club fees or spa services to be utilized during stay (cannot be combined, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability